Books That Help You Overcome Mild Aspergers
There are several books I would recommend everyone with aspergers to read. These books expose both the underbelly and the intimate details that go into communicating. Some one these will be dark, whereas others will be lighthearted. Without further to do here are the top books that help you overcome aspergers:
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. While this mostly applies to politics and if taken too far can make you not trust people, it demonstrates how people can become corrupt and demonstrates how people manipulate situations to their own advantage. This books helps examine human darkness so people are aware of it. While it does promote cynicism, it is a healthy amount.
- The 48 Laws of Power. In a similar vein as the Prince, this books delves more into case history to explore the whys and hows of things got done. It can be hard to study a lot of this, and if used in the wrong way can harm people, it allows you to arm yourself against those who would use this info for evil.
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra. This seminal work of fiction is highly relatable to the aspergers experience. In it, Zarathustra, a wander with higher and nobler goals, bemoans the fact that there are not fellow truth seekers like him. When we are facing our aspergers, we often feel isolated and alone, like no one can relate. In this, he realizes that sometimes solitary activity is better than having many foolish friends. The endings is better than the beginning, but still ends on a neutral tone.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. This book has probably been beaten to death in terms of being suggested, but it is an excellent book on the topic. In covers the basics of what you need to do to gain favor with people and be a generally good socializer. You can get the basics at Wikipedia: How to Win Friends and Influence People . Practicing this will get you good at the basics of communications and will help make things just a little less awkward.
- Think and Grow Rich by Naploean Hill. In this book, Napolean Hill reveals the little secret that helps everything: a positive mental attitude. but more than that, Think and Grow Rich reinforces a positive mental attitude that will help you succeed at life and keep you up while you are down. It is an excellent book and I believe anyone with a pulse should buy it.