Mild Aspergers and Depression
It is easy to fall into depression with aspergers. Often times aspergers and depression go hand and hand, but that does not have to be. You just need to be proactive about your health and take charge of it.
-If your depression is too severe, seek medical attention immediately. If you feel like hurting yourself, get help. There are many treatments that can help alleviate the pain.
- Try using Gluathione. It helps mental health by clearing the brain and providing key things that helps a healthy brain.
- Take time our of your day to relax and not think about anything. This is the rest button for the mind.
- Don’t focus on the negatives. Focus on the good things in your life.
- When you are bored, find something to do. This will prevent you from going down the wrong path.
- Take walks. This allows you to think things over and contemplate how to rationally deal with things. It is also helpful when you are dealing with a problem.
- Try to go places where other people are. Even if you are just reading or are on your laptop, the social atmosphere may rub off on you and give you good vibes.
- Listen to some comedy. Nothing is more of a good medicine than humor. It lifts the soul and when it is relate-able allows us to feel like there are other people that understand.
- Listen to music. Sometimes you need to vent your frustration through what you listen to. In addition, sometimes it can mellow you out when you feel high strung.
- Grab a nice cup of coffee and a book. You won’t regret it. This will calm your nerves and take your mind off things.
- Make goals and stick to them. Whether that is going to college or working on an invention, do it!
- Take a nice warm shower. This will warm you up and take your mind off things. It puts you first and allows you to take it all in.
- Get a job with the public. Before I get shot for suggesting this, consider it. This does not mean you have to necessarily get a front counter job. There are many low pressure public jobs available, such as promoting sale of food products via food carts. This allows you to improve your people skills and is located in a non-judgmental environment that rewards you for trying and improving.
- Help others. When you are bored and start to go into the darkness, reach out and help those who are less off than you. It helps not only them, but you as well. This is the law of reciprocity. In other words, what you give shall be given back. Now this is not a guarantee, but at the very least you will get satisfaction out of it.